Your hair is? Texturized
When and why did you start your healthy hair journey?
I started my hair journey in 2012
What is your current length? What is your goal length?
My current length is about an inch past APL. My goal length is MBL or Waist Length
What is your regimen – wash day, daily, nightly?
Wash/DC: once a week (normally on the weekends)
- Shampoo with Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Shampoo
- Protein (Bi-weekly or once a month) with Millcreek botanicals Jojoba Conditioner for 1-2min
- Deep Condition with Herbal Essence Hello Hydration and either Hempseed oil or Walnut Oil for 30min -1hr
- ACV (As Needed)
- I then oil my scalp with Wild Growth Hair Oil (WGHO)
Co-Wash: once a week
- Prep-poo with Olive Oil for 30min
- Co-rinse with Trader Joe’s Tea Tree Conditioner I moisturize and seal 2x’s a week or as needed. I use Alaffia Shea Butter leave-in or AVJ as my moisturizer and I seal with Avocado oil.
How often do you touch-up / trim / use heat?
I touch-up every 4-6mths. I trim every 4mths and dust when needed. I try to minimize my heat usage. I might use heat every 3-4mths
What’s your fave go-to style?
What do you love most and least about your hair?
I love/hate how thick my hair is. I also love my hair texture
Do you take any supplements or use growth-aides? How have they helped?
I take Biotin and Chorella. I think it has helped reduce my shedding.
What has helped you most in achieving and maintaining length?
Protective Styling, stretching my relaxers and regular dustings/trims
Name a hair product, accessory or tool you cannot be without? And why?
I cannot be without my Linange Texturizer, a sprush and Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Conditioner. Oh, and AVJ. They keep my hair and check and they are reasonable in price.
Where can we check you out on the web?
I am subscribed to LHCF
Great info and thank you for the feature, Pelo! Your texture is awesome. Your hair is very thick and I love it. Your progress is amazing.
(Visited 360 times, 1 visits today)