Healthy relaxed hair starts with a good relaxed hair regimen and proper technique. Today you will learn how to apply product to your new growth, how to apply product to relaxed hair, how to manage multiple textures and how to detangle relaxed hair.
Wash Day Prep
It has been a while since I have washed my hair. On average, I wash my hair about once a month with ensuring I keep my hair moisturized and sealed in between.
I started by finger detangling on oil soaked hair. I used oil from an unmarked bottle although I think it was rice bran oil. After my hair was fully detangled, I used Mane and Tail Detangler to assist with comb detangling.
Wearing a plastic processing cap overnight makes the hair damp by morning which is great for the next phase of wash day. I applied Komaza Protein Strengthener to damp hair and allowed it to sit for 40 minutes. This was 10 minutes longer than I planned but I lost track of time. Oops.
Wash Day Products
Related Article: Redken Hair Cleansing Cream
Deep Conditioned : Brown Butter Beauty Babassu Butter Love
I ended up using two leave in conditioners, keep reading to learn why…
Detangling: Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Kids Detangler
Random Thoughts: Wash Day Edition
Rather than bore you with how I applied product, let me share with you some of the randomness I think of as I go about wash day! But, if you don’t care to read my random ramblings, skip down to the video to learn some wash day tips!Healthy relaxed hair starts with a good hair regimen & proper technique! Click To Tweet
- I hate finger detangling because it’s so time-consuming but gosh, it really does help to minimize the amount of breakage when a comb finally touches my hair.
- How long have I been detangling ? Good gracious, has it really been 2 hours.
- Ut oh, that’s my song – let me pause for a quick party session – booty pop!!
- *yawn* My arms are getting tired. I’m hungry and thirsty. Babe, please bring me something to drink.
- I see why ladies big chop!
Protein & Shampoo
- My hair never feels protein overloaded with Komaza Protein Hair Strengthener. Halts breakage in its tracks.
- Redken is bae. Clean hair without tangles, matting or extreme dryness.
- ORS Shealicious smells so good, just like cotton candy. Yum! Great cleanser. Doesn’t cause buildup.
- Oil rinsing offers so many benefits. Why did I stop?
Related Article: Oil Rinsing Relaxed Hair
Deep Condition and Leave In
- I can’t wait to try my new products from Brown Butter Beauty & Hydratherma Naturals.
- Dang, Brown Butter Beauty Babassu Butter Love just absorbed and vanished.
- You know what, let me add some more conditioner for safekeeping because this new growth don’t play!
- Let me throw on this plastic processing cap and turban and head out for errands.
returned home from errands
- Man, I am running out of time, let me heat up this Hot Head real quick.
- *15 mins later* I sure don’t feel like hopping back in the shower. I wonder if I can bend over the bathtub and rinse out my hair. Tried it. Got water everywhere. But hey, at least I didn’t have to hop in and out the shower.
- Ummm, my hair feels weird, a bit low on moisture. I wonder if the extra 10 mins of protein impacted the performance of the conditioner. I will use it again on a non-protein day to see if offers better results OR mix in some extra virgin olive oil and honey to doctor it up.
- You know what, I better just apply the Brown Butter Beauty Sweet Milk Leave In to one section to see how it performs.
- Glad I did a patch test, this leave-in is a bit too thin for my hair.
- Guess I will try Eden Bodyworks Coconut Shea that I received in my Essence Beauty Box. My hair feels soft and hydrated now, thank goodness.
- Where is that Hydratherma Hair Growth Oil…*rummaging through my stash* found it. Ut-oh, it has peanut oil, I sure hope it doesn’t aggravate my acne. (and it didn’t)
Related Article: Hot Head Deep Conditioning Cap
Air Drying and Braiding
- Time to post-wash detangle. Help me Father. I’m not in the mood.
- *fast forward* Why do I always leave the toughest section (my crown) for last. I seriously need to focus on this section first.
- Hal-lay-loo, I’m done, FINALLY!!!
Related Article: How To Wash Relaxed Hair
— Healthy Relaxed Hair Wash Day Tips —
Do any of these random ramblings sound remotely familiar?