Are you searching for ways to soften new growth? Are you tired of dealing with dry hair while stretching your relaxers? This post is for you! Achieving moisturized hair from root to tip can be quite the process while transitioning to natural hair or deep within a relaxer stretch. Often times, your hair will require more than one technique to achieve ultimate hydration.
Here are 7 Ways to Soften New Growth!
- Spray your new growth daily (or every other day) with a product that is hydrating.
- Deliberately target new growth when moisturizing to ensure product is properly applied to that area. Moisturized hair is a sure way to soften new growth.
- Deep condition with an ultra hydrating, moisture-based conditioner each week.
- Co-wash as needed to increase moisture in your hair.
SEE ALSO: How to Co-Wash Relaxed Hair
- Steam your deep conditioners each wash day to add moisture to your hair.
SEE ALSO: How To Steam Your Hair Without A Steamer
- Deliberately applying oils to the new growth after moisturizing your hair will definitely help soften new growth.
Jamaican Black Castor Oil is my pick.
- Do a mid-week baggy to your hair to increase hydration. Baggying simply means to apply a moisturizer to your hair, place a plastic processing cap over on your head, leave it there for a few hours. You will notice the inside of the cap forming moisture droplets. These droplets add additional moisture to your hair. It’s much like steaming your hair, except you’re accomplishing this mid-week vs. wash day. It’s a great way to boost moisture to your hair throughout the week.
SEE ALSO: When to Deep Condition vs. Baggy
Pin to Pinterest for Later Reference!
Related Soften New Growth Articles :
How do you soften new growth?